Apple does not allow emulator apps on their App Store, So it was hard to play SEGA Saturn games on your iPhone,But Thanks to AltStore, You can install any app easily. This article describes how to install Yaba Sanshiro to your phone with AltStore and play SEGA Saturn games on your iPhone or iPad.
1) Download the YabaSanshiro IPA(iOS Application Archive) file from here. If you are a patron of YabaSanshiro you can download the latest test version of IPA from here.
2) Install AltStore
3) Install YabaSanshiro IPA via AltStore.
4) Dump CD-ROM Image from your own SEGA Saturn game CD-ROM. If you use a PC, you can use our dumping tool. If you use Mac, follow these steps.
Install chdman with this command.
brew install rom-tools
convert CD-ROM image to CHD file with this command.
[game file name] is the name you named for the CD-ROM image.
chdman createcd -i [game file name].cue -o [game file name].chd
5) Move the CHD file to where your iPhone can access it. I think the iCloud drive is the easiest.
6) Run YabaSanshiro on your iPhone.
7) Tap + button. And select your CHD file
8) Tap the chd file you added. Then the game will start
By pressing the menu button. you can show the menu screen.
Exit to the home screen
Save the current state.
Load the state saved previously
tap the button you want to assign, Then press the gamepad button
Adjust the size of the on-screen controller
Select which type of bios rom you use. build-in BIOS is the default. This BIOS emulates the minimum necessary functions. To choose another BIOS, place a bios ROM file as the file name 'bios.bin' via iTunes.
Select which type of Cartridge is installed on your emulated SEGA Saturn. Backup RAM is an external backup ram to save game data. RAM is an external ram for the same games which use huge ram like King of Fighters.
Show or Hide ‘Frame per second’ which means the speed of emulation on your device. ‘60/60’ is the best performance and equal to the real SEGA Saturn speed.
When FPS is less than 60, uoYabause skip a frame to reach 60 fps. if this option is enabled, YabaSanshio may lose frames, Furthermore may be broken internal SEGA Saturn emulation. ‘Off’ is recommended for accurate emulation.
Automatically switch to Landscape mode when emulation is started.
The screen is rendered rotating 90 degrees for some vertical scroll games like 'RayForce'
If this option is disabled, uoYabause draw to the entire screen. Otherwise, YabaSanshiro keeps a good old 4:3 screen size.
You can choose 'Hight quality but heavy or 'Low quality but light'
YabaSanshiro has an on-screen gamepad. But you can also use MFI game controllers which are officially supported by Apple.